Alumilite Clear 8lb kit
Alumilite is sold by weight, This kit includes 4 pounds (1.8 kg) each of A and B, approximately 1 Gallon (3,70 l) of mixed resin
Alumilite Clear is a premium clear casting resin preferred by professional blank makers around the world! This resin was specially formulated with the woodworker's needs in mind including:
- Resilience (less brittle than other resin types frequently used) so that your finished pieces don't crack if accidentally dropped
- High polishability to achieve that high gloss many demand
- High machinability which make your finished blanks easy to turn on a lathe, cut, route, or shape on a belt sander
- Low shrinkage which makes Alumilite Clear the preferred resin for Worthless Wood** (wood and resin) castings
- Optical clarity for those times you need a clear casting which also means your dyed castings will remain true to color
- Very low odor so that your entire shop does not stink like when using other resins!
Alumilite Clear has a 7min open time and pressure casting is recommended to achieve bubble free results.
Alumilite Clear must be mixed 1:1 by weight NOT VOLUME. Off ratio mixing may produce hazy or frosted parts.
B side may thicken and need to be warmed before use.
**This is the casting resin the creator originally discovered when looking for a better solution when developing the "worthless wood" casting technique (wood and resin hybrid) as well as for casting other embedded items such as pine cones, banksia pods, cactus, etc.